Montclair Week 4 Updates
Posted September 16, 2023
Hello Montclair Families,
We had another great week of learning at Montclair!
Students in the Montclair STEAM room were excited to welcome National Geographic photographer Joel Sartore and a film crew on Sept. 6. Sartore was in town documenting endangered animals for his Photo Ark project. Students shared portraits they had painted inspired by his photographs. Sartore shared stories of animal encounters from around the world.
“He was great with the kids,” said STEAM teacher Karl Horeis.”He got down face to face with them and told them they could do anything they wanted as long as they persisted.” Watch for a video featuring Montclair students on National Geographic sources in December.
- No School Friday 9/22/23
- Picture Day Is Coming Picture day will be Wednesday 9/27/23 For more information: https://bit.ly/3refU0p (payment must be exact change, check or pay online)
- How Sick Is Too Sick? As we enter into sickness season please check out this resource or DPS Nursing on determining if your student(s) should attend school.
- Please fill out the You Benefit! form (formerly referred to as the Meals Application). We ask all Montclair families to please complete the You Benefit! This form provides extra funding from the government for Montclair. In addition, families who fill out the You Benefit! form may qualify to receive discounted school fees, class materials, bus passes, utilities support and more!
- School Fees are $40 per child and will cover all school supplies and field trips for the year (Due 9/30/23). To pay your school fee visit: Parent Portal (Click here for instructions)
- Attendance: One of our areas of focus this year is around improving our schools attendance rates. Please try as much as possible to schedule appointments and/or trips around the school calendar to avoid missing school. If you do need to take a day off for an appointment please provide a doctors note for excusal. If you child is out ill, please remember to call the attendance line 720.424.5380.
- Other Important Dates:
- October 2nd-11th – Fall Conferences (teachers will be reaching out to schedule)
Thank you for all your support,