Montclair Community Updates
Posted December 2, 2023
Hello Montclair Families,
Montclair will host our annual Winterfest concert on Thursday, December 14th from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM. This year’s theme is Mingle & Jingle! Students should arrive by 4:45 PM. Families will bring their students to classroom staging areas before finding seats in the Auditorium. There will be some light snacks and refreshments after the concert. Please encourage students to dress up for the concert in something fancy or important to them. Children who do not attend Montclair will need to stay with their guardians the whole time.
Updates and Reminders:
- School Attendance is Vital to your Student(s) Success!
- Did you know? It is important to have a back up plan for getting your student(s) to school each day. Develop backup plans for getting to school if something comes up. Call on a family member, a neighbor or another parent.
- Montclair’s School Attendance Goal for the 23-24 School Year: 91.4% average daily attendance (3% increase from 22-23 School Year)
- Montclair’s Current School Attendance Rate: 89.66% average daily attendance
- December Grade Level Attendance Reward: The grade level with the highest average daily attendance will be receiving a class party of their choice!
- November Grade Level Attendance Reward Winner: Congrats to 3rd Grade for being November’s attendance award winner! They will be receiving a grade level party of their choice!
- Montclair Early Release Survey: Montclair is looking at adding an additional early release day next year moving from 1 day a month to 2 days a month. This will allow time for teachers and staff to gain some extra valuable time to plan and engage in professional development. Free programming will be available on early release days for families that need this support. We are seeking your input on this idea as we plan for next school year. Please complete the following one question survey.
- Giving Tree: Giving Tree is underway at Montclair. Please click on this link for more information. If you would like to support click here.
- Report Cards: Report cards will be available to view on parent portal starting Monday 12/4/23. Click here for a brief tutorial on Parent Portal. Click here to log-in.
- Lost and Found: The lost and found is set-up in the hallway near the Main Office and ECE classrooms. Please come in and see if any of the items are your student(s) before 12/15/23. All remaining items will be donated over Winter Break.
- Other Important Dates:
- December 7th- Early Release at 1:10pm
- December 9th- Montclair Family Craft Day at 10am
- December 11th-15th- Student Council Led Spirit Week (details coming soon)
- December 14th- Winterfest Concert 5-7pm
- December 18th – January 2nd- Winter Break
Thank you for all your support,