Annual Family Update (previously known as Online Verification)
July 16-Aug. 6 at 4 p.m.
2018-2019 Montclair Student Registration
8/1 – 11:00 am-3:00 pm
8/2 – 3:00 pm-6:00 pm
8/3 – 8:00 am-12:00 pm
8/6 – 9:00 am-1:00 pm
Students currently enrolled at Montclair only need to bring proof of address if you have moved and any updated immunization information, and payment for school fees.
All ECE and Kinder students need to bring proof of household income for a 30-day period
All new students (any grade) MUST bring to Registration:
- Proof of age for each student (copy of a birth certificate, Baptismal record, passport)
- Proof of address for each family (a document with name and address such as a current utility bill or lease)
- Copy of immunizations for each student
ALL STUDENTS must bring payment for yearly student fees (for school supplies and field trips):
ECE=$55/K-2=$85/3-5=$110 payment can be made by cash, check, or credit card
One parent/guardian of every Montclair student must stop by during one of Montclair’s registration events. At that time, you can pay student fees, sign up for school bus transportation, and much more. If you have SNAP or TANF benefits, please bring the 1B case number to registration – it is needed for the lunch forms. We will be collecting and distributing some very important information during these events, so please make the necessary arrangements to stop by during one of these sessions.
Please complete the DPS Registration Verification through http://schoolchoice.dpsk12.org before coming to the registration event – this will ensure that we are able to get you in and out quickly. To be able to complete the online registration you need to have a Parent Portal account: http://myportal.dpsk12.org/. To create a parent portal account you will need you students’ ID number. If you did not participate in Choice and your student is not currently attending DPS you will not be able to complete online registration.
Want to know who your child’s teacher for next year will be? Sign up for a Parent Portal account, and keep your eyes peeled for letters going home in July!
Download the Montclair Post app
for your cell phone!
This is the method we will be using to distribute
important information and Thursday folders!
(Please allow for push notifications – we won’t overload your phone!)
Weather delay and cancellation info download!
We are an ECE through 5th grade elementary school located at 1151 Newport Street. We would like to encourage all families from Montclair and surrounding neighborhoods to consider our school for the 2018-2019 school year. Below is some information about what makes Montclair such a great school!
- Montclair is proud to be an innovation school! Curriculum is carefully selected to meet the needs of our students. Paired with a school wide enrichment model that ranges from art to engineering, we strive to bring learning to life!
- Montclair strives to create a global perspective valuing family and community by hosting social and educational events throughout the year that represent the multicultural school community we have.
- Montclair understands the importance of personalized learning for all scholars and has received a four year grant to become more impactful with our plan for nurturing our students’ individual academic progress.
- Montclair is home to 22 different languages and is one of the most diverse schools in the city. Families, students, and staff members of different cultures and backgrounds interact together daily. As a school community, we work to build tolerance, empathy and friendships across socioeconomic, racial and ethnic lines.
In addition to the points above, we put strong emphasis and energy in to: providing lots of enrichment and after school programs, focusing on the needs of our many English language learners through our ELA department and our TNLI (Transitional Native Language Instruction) program, and parent and community engagement.
We will be accepting students who live within the Denver Public Schools neighborhood boundary, and also accepting students who live outside of that boundary. The SchoolChoice key dates are below and more information about the SchoolChoice process can be found at SchoolChoice.
Round Two of SchoolChoice for 2018-19 is now open!