Picture Day! September 22nd
Order forms have been sent home.
* If your student is in room 110’s ECE class, there is no school 9/22. You will have the opportunity to have photos taken on Picture Re-take day November 7th, and re-takes can be taken on Spring Picture day as well.
Please sign up early and often. The more hands we have on deck the better! It’s fine if your little kiddos need to come along as well and ask neighbors, friends, and family to participate. This bookfair only works when the whole village takes part!
Download the Montclair Post app
for your cell phone!
This is the method we will be using to distribute
important information and Thursday folders!
(Please allow for push notifications – we won’t overload your phone!)
Weather delay and cancellation info can be downloaded here!
We are an ECE through 5th grade elementary school located at 1151 Newport Street. We would like to encourage all families from Montclair and surrounding neighborhoods to consider our school for the 2017-2018 school year. Below is some information about what makes Montclair such a great school!
- Montclair is proud to be an innovation school! Curriculum is carefully selected to meet the needs of our students including a play based ECE and Kindergarten curriculum. Paired with a school wide enrichment model that ranges from art to engineering, we strive to bring learning to life!
- Montclair strives to create a global perspective valuing family and community by hosting social and educational events throughout the year that represent the multicultural school community we have.
- Montclair understands the importance of personalized learning for all scholars and has received a four year grant to become more impactful with our plan for nurturing our students’ individual academic progress.
- Montclair is home to 22 different languages and is one of the most diverse schools in the city. Families, students, and staff members of different cultures and backgrounds interact together daily. As a school community, we work to build tolerance, empathy and friendships across socioeconomic, racial and ethnic lines.
In addition to the points above, we put strong emphasis and energy in to: providing lots of enrichment and after school programs, focusing on the needs of our many English language learners through our ELA department and our TNLI (Transitional Native Language Instruction) program, and parent and community engagement.
We will be accepting students who live within the Denver Public Schools neighborhood boundary, and also accepting students who live outside of that boundary. The SchoolChoice key dates are below and more information about the SchoolChoice process can be found at www.dpsk12.org.
January 5, 2017: Round One of SchoolChoice for 2017-18 opens
January 31, 2017, 4:00 pm: Round One SchoolChoice forms are due